Project : PanthiniEmpowering Women
The practice of Sati, Purdaah and Johar has been ended however, but people of our country have always been under the slavery of this typical patriarchal mindset. As a result of which our women is still being deprived of their moral and basic human rights. As a result half of our country’s population is enjoying the authority on other half, because of this patriarchy. Neglecting the requirement, wishes, freedom, aspirations and dreams of millions of women how can the nation progress?
As aptly written by Dr. B.R Ambedkar- “Progress of the society can be measured by the condition of women in the society”. So to make our society equal and just, we at Parivartan are creating awareness on various women issues to make people aware that women is not just a material, she has the freedom, liberty to choose whatever she wants, take decisions of her well being and there is no one in this nation who can make her deprived of her rights. Gender is just a biological identification and so it can’t be taken as a tool of inequality, harassment and degradation.
We see the women of 21st Century as “Panthini – the one who leads”. The women of today’s era a confident, courageous and independent but this represents a minute section of society and therefore still we have women who needs to be empowered so to make them, we have thought of initiating this Project as “PANTHINI” on 29th November 2018 under the theme Empowering Women.
Under this we have launched various events and activities to make people aware of the depriving condition of women and to empower women of our society. With our campaign on Women Empowerment and Security we have done awareness not only in schools, colleges but also to the ordinary girl and home maker women of the society.
Days Devoted for Panthini
Sanitary Pads Distribution
Beneficiaries of BCCT
Under this theme we reach out to masses to create awareness. Parivartan has worked not only with other voluntary organizations but also with various wings of administration and government. The activities that are being done in the campaigns are:-
- Street Play on women empowerment and security – on December 4, 2016 at 6 different places in Moradabad.
- Girls’ safety & self-defense – on January 6, 2017 to coaching institutes students.
- “Meri Rat Meri Sadak” for Women Empowerment on August 19, 2017 at 11:30 PM at Pilikothi Moradabad.
- Naari Suraksha Saptah an initiative of U.P Police on December 7, 2017 to make college girls and commuters aware of various security provisions available to them in Law. The focus was to aware women about dial 100, 1090 helpline and encourage them to be a Women Power Angel.
- Seminar on Women and Child safety organized by Commercial Department of Northern Railway Moradabad Division on July 30, 2018 at Railway Station Moradabad.
- Seminar on Railway Helpline 182 for Women and Child safety organized by Railway Protection Force of Northern Railway Moradabad Division on August 14, 2018 at Railway Station Moradabad with Divisional Commissioner Mr. S.K Ravivanshi.
- Let’s Talk with Panthinis i.e. the women who can lead under our Project Panthini the event was organised on 9th Dec 2018. The motive and theme of this open mic session is women empowerment, as we believe before actually doing, one has to be aware of her thoughts, rights & duties.
- An awareness seminar on women Empowerment and security to the students of NSS on 7th January 2018 in KGK, Degree college Moradabad under Project Panthini.
BCCT (Basic Computer Course Training)
It’s a 45-60 Days programme to empower girls/women with modern-day technologies especially with the knowledge of Basic Computer Operations, along with online utilities, Internet & Social Media. Till now have launched 4 labs & have trained 110+ students from a very far-flung area who were earlier not at all aware about computers & its importance
BCCT 1 : Our Office
BCCT 2 : Composite School, Vill. Anyari
BCCT 3 : Panchayat Bhawan, Vill. Anyari
BCCT 4 : Lakri Fazalpuri, Moradabad
The outreach and impact of such initiatives can’t be calculated in numbers and figures but the zeal and passion that forced us to reach out to the masses for these issues has always lead to us a new audience who were still after 70 years was not aware of the rights and provisions being provided here in the Constitution.
We have been successful in reaching out to this unexplored audience who really need us the most. Therefore, during this journey of consistent awareness we have tried every possible deed to give all the efforts to make a gender neutral and equal society where no other women will be harassed and deprived of her basic human rights.
The girls who had taken part in BCCT Programme empowered themselves by donating their time for 60 days in their betterment. Now they are quite comfortable in handling the computers on which their fingers trembles before. Now they don’t take it as a taboo and have confidence to work along with the society.
Regd. Office: E-95 Aashiyana Phase-1 Moradabad-244001 Uttar Pradesh, India
Head Office: MIG A-176 Ram Ganga Vihar Phase-1 Moradabad-244001 Uttar Pradesh, India